Planned mating is a tool to help make breeding decisions. It gives breeders an estimate of the genetic level of their calves from a mating. Using the Planned Mating tool in Herdbook Services, you can select to mate to one or several sires.
1. Log into Herdbook Services
2. Click on Herd Mgmt, then select Planned Mating
3. Click on either Single to do one, or to do multiple click Bulk (skip to step 6)
4. Single Planned Mating: fill in the Dam and Sire Registration number. Click Calculate.
5. Results of Single Planned Mating (Includes Trait Trac)
6. Bulk Planned Mating: either enter the Dam registration numbers or select a group from Dam Group. Then list possible Sires registration numbers.
7. Click Generate Planned Mating Report
8. Results of Bulk Planned Mating (Includes Trait Trac)