What does it even mean to put an animal on file? The animal is NOT registered when it is put on file, but it is saved into our database. An easy way to think about it: the data on the calf is saved in it’s own file and filed away in our “filing cabinet”. If you so choose, you then can register the animal at a later time.
When filling out the registration application or the columns on-line as you normally would when registering an animal, instead of putting a “Y” in the Register box, just simply put “N”. This notifies the system to save all the information, but not to register the animal. It doesn’t cost you anything to put an animal on file.
Before you can start putting an animal on file, you have to first, Log-in and start a job:
1. Enter Dam Registration Number.
2. DamTatt will automatically fill in
If Dam is not registered or commercial
3. Enter tattoo of animal to be registered
Year letter is required (Ex: 2016 = D, 2017= E)
4. Enter Sire Registration Number
Sire must be registered with ASA to register animal
5. Enter where the tattoo is located on the animal
Example: Left Ear-LE; Right Ear-RE, Both Ears-BE
6. Enter sex of animal to be registered
B – Bull; C – Cow; S – Steer
7. Enter in date of birth of animal to be registered.
8. Enter the MBC (Multiple Birth Code)
Enter in whether animal being registered is:
1 – S = Single, natural
2 – TS = Twin, both same sex
3 – TR = Triplets
4 – TO = Twin, other twin opposite sex
6 – FE = Frozen Embryo
7 – ETTS = ET Twin same sex
8 – ETTO – ET Twin opposite sex
9 – ET = Fresh Embryo
9. Enter if animal is a result of AI (Artificial Insemination) breeding
“Y” = animal is a result of AI breeding. “N” = pasture breeding
10. Enter “N” or leave blank for putting animal on file
Enter “Y” if registering animal
11. When putting an animal on file, you DO NOT get a certificate, so leave this blank
12. Enter the HPS
H = horned; P = polled; S = scurred
13. Enter dominate color of animal.
B = Black; R = Red; G = Gray; Y = Yellow; W = White
14. Do you have any errors?
If there is a red indicator, that means you have errors in the spreadsheet.
Before submitting the data you must clear errors.
If you have no red indicator you can submit data
15. Submit Data
16. After the computer finishes “Running Error Checks”, Click “Proceed to Billing”
Putting an animals on file is free, but you still have to go through the following steps if you have a balance. If your balance is zero, jump to step 20.
17. Click Add Payment
18. Add Credit Card Information
19. Click on Confirm
20. Click on “Final Submit”
Your invoice status will change from “Incomplete” to “Complete”