There are several reasons why it is better for you (the member) to register animals online rather than mailing in a data/registration application.
- It is simple and easy to log onto Herdbook.org and start a new job.
- If you have never registered an animal online click here for a quick “how to” tutorial.
- Our members have the option to complete the animal(s) registration in one sitting, or “save and exit” the job, and complete at a later time.
- You can load several animals into the same job and complete all of your data/registration reporting at one time.
- It takes the same amount of effort to fill out the registration application and mail in the forms, as it does to complete the online application.
- Once you completed your job, there is no wait time. The newly registered animals’ pedigree and ASA registration number can be viewed online.
- The handy part about online registration is that if you find yourself in a time crunch, you can register online and skip paying the priority handling fee that is charged when ASA staff is asked to register an animal within 24 hours.
- Most importantly, online registration gives you peace of mind. There is no need to worry if ASA has received your application and is processing it: You know exactly when the job has been completed because you submitted the job yourself.
Remember, ASA staff is always just a phone call away if you need assistance logging on, registering an animal, or fixing errors.